Home / News / Husband Injured, Woman Dies As Mobile Phone Explodes In Bedroom

Husband Injured, Woman Dies As Mobile Phone Explodes In Bedroom

A 45-year-old woman was killed by a mobile phone while her husband was rushed to a health facility in Homa Bay County.

Mary Akinyi died instantly when her mobile phone exploded in the house at Kadibuoro village in Kagan, Rangwe Sub County on Sunday night, Standard reports

Akinyi died on the spot after sustaining serious injuries on her face and head when the phone that was being charged exploded.

According to Nathaniel Ochieng’, the deceased’s brother in law, the mobile phone exploded after lightning struck a solar panel on her roof.

The mobile phone was charging in the bedroom where the couple were sleeping during a heavy downpour in the area.
Ochieng’ said electronic devices connected to solar power in the house were also destroyed.

“Efforts of family members to rescue Akinyi proved futile since she was already overwhelmed by the burns. It was an unprecedented incident in this area,” Ochieng’ said.

Dancun Ngicho, Medical officer in charge of Ndiru health center said Yala sustained a serious shock in the incident.

He said the patient was vomiting blood which put him in a critical condition.

verifyghana.com

About AugustLiveGh

Kindly Visit www.AugustLiveGh.com for your Latest Global Celebrity News, Gossips, Events, Music, Videos, Sports, Relationships & Lifestyle, Upcoming Artistes and more. AugustLiveGh - Home of Entertainment, Music, Lifestyle & More.
%d bloggers like this: